Sniff. Sniff. It’s eucalyptus!
Last day in Brisbane! After checked out, we rushed to the souvenir shop nearby the Queen Elizabeth Mall to buy some Brisbane souvenir.
Having reading few travel blogs, we have anticipated that the parking rate gonna be expensive, but the truth is the parking rate at CBD was outrageouly expensive! it is not even after converting into RM. Most logical explanation was that to encourage ppl to use the public transport at the CBD. The rate is starting from $6 for first 10 minutes, then $16 for less than 20 minutes, followed by $32 for less than 40 minutes..etc. And we were charged for $32. That was RM96! (Tips 1.dont drive n park at cbd. 2.book apartment nearby the queen st mall. 3.Dont delay shopping for souvenir till the last minute.)
Brisbane’s Souvenirs. Checked!
We bid farewell to Brisbane CBD and headed to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. The entrance fee is around $30++, but thanks to Avis, we got 20% discount for the tickets! my suggestion, plan your trip to lone pine..so that u can watch all the animal shows (or skip some of the shows which u’re not interested) Do spare around $16 to take photo with the koala. I love koalas! they smelt like fresh leaves (bcoz they ate eucalyptus leaves), the fur is sooo soft, so cuddle-able. Here are my quick review on the activities at the Lone Pine:
– Barn Animal Encounter (Barn) . Kids love this
– Wildlife Encounter (Main Enclosure). Interesting, unique animals with own stories.
– Koala Presentation (Main Enclosure). The highlight of the park. I got to know, every koala has distinct features that differentiate each of them.
– Bird of Prey Free Flight Show (Nature Kingdom). Interesting, the birds are beautiful.
– Sheep Dog & Sheep Shearing Show (Nature Kingdom). Interesting to watch.
– Snake Presentation (Main Enclosure) We skipped this
– Platypus Feed & Keeper Presentation (Platypus House) We skipped this
– Tasmanian Devil Feed & Keeper Presentation (Tasmanian Devil Enclosure). Cant have a proper/closer look.
– Wild Lorikeet Feeding (Riverside, beside Nature Kingdom) We skipped this.
With that we wrapped up our first leg of the trip. The journey to Surfer Paradise Esplanade took almost 1++ hr. By the time we reached the apartment, I was feeling soo tired and fall asleep as soon as i lay on the bed.